Friday, November 25, 2016

Thankfully Reading - Day Three

Happy Black Friday! I have absolutely no intentions of going anywhere near a store today. The fridge is full of leftovers, I have my favorite sweat pants and fuzzy socks on, and I am all ready to have a beautiful reading day.

I finished The Goldfinch last night - so, SO good! Today I will work on my other current book, Snow White Red-Handed.

Now to today's discussion question: the book I am most thankful for this year. Ugh. Just one? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . . . .

Ok, I guess I will go with Stardust by Neil Gaiman. It was a very enjoyable read, recommended by my daughter. The reason I chose it is that I have been using The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter in a class for several years, and the students are not really loving it. I think Stardust may be just the right replacement to get some interest back into the curriculum.

(My second choice is Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs because it opened up the whole world of his works - I had no idea!)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment