Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Bout of Books Day 3 Challenge

Here is today's challenge:


Book to Movie
Have a book you think would make an excellent movie? Now's your chance to share it! Go as big or as simple as you want. Share fanart, casting choices, or just a book or series you think would be OUTSTANDING on the big screen.


And here is my response:


When I went to my book log to find an answer to this challenge, I didn't have to look very far. My book club read The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker in December 2016, and we all loved it. It is set in NYC in the early 1900s, which would provide a great historical backdrop for set and costume designers.  The title characters are awesome and each struggles with a combination of humanity and the supernatural, providing lots of options for special effects and exceptional acting.  I am not much of a film expert and am therefore horrible at casting, but I'd love to hear suggestions from anyone who has read the book.

UPDATE:
My film expert friend has suggested Brooke Shields as the golem and Oded Fehr as the jinni.

No comments:

Post a Comment